Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lucid Thoughts, Little Sleep, Lots of John Mayer's Stratocaster

I have been thinking a lot. I went to the John Mayer concert. Pretty much the icing of the stale cake that has been the past few weeks. Amazing. Anyway, I watched the opening act, Michael Franti & Spearhead. Not saying they were not good, but there is that feeling/moment where you ask yourself this: "Why can't I being playing music here...right now? I could do that, and be better." Not saying I am an amazing musician by any stretch, but who is to say I cannot do it? It's fun to dream about, especially when you play music with others, and you think there is that glimmer of hope or whatever that you could be it. There is the unrest with the "normal", the anxious moments that grab you when you are in school. We will see how it goes, but I guess I am just being 19 here. On a side note, Steve Jordan didn't make me think I could be successful. John Mayer's singing and playing is one of a kind, and to think I could be in a band like that is silly. But, "who says" I can't dream?

No comments: