Saturday, March 20, 2010

God's Plans? (Back to the Future)

I wish I could see exactly what God was going to do with my life. It's one of those things where I know what I want in my life for a day or so, and then I disagree if that's what is best. I originally wanted to come to college to study Sports Management, land a sweet internship, and have an easy, "normal" life. October made my normal plans seem boring, seem average. I fully committed my life to Christ then, and since my life has flipped all around. Friendships. Relationships. Goals. Music. Conversation. Purpose. While this seems confusing(it can be), I know it's the balance of life. God is the balance. He puts everything in real perspective. I love God, when He is the only one who always has my back. It is too often that people let me down, and I feel like I only let people down sometimes. Anyway, how awesome would it be to see just exactly what He wants to do with my life right now? And then, I could just go back to the past after I saw my future. I am slowly learning the joys of life: good music, meaningful friendships, Bible studies/ God conversations, talking to God, fruition of prayer, and telling people what God has done in my life. Unfortunately, school work, early mornings, disagreements, lack of musical ability, and failing God(even though He loves me anyway) don't really make me feel like life is going great. It is always easier to look back at your past, and say "Well, that was not fun, but...hey, it sure did pay off, right?"I want to see myself in 3-4 years saying that. It is not easy to say well I know just what my tribulations/issues now are for. Oh well, there is nothing my God can't help me with. He is always here.

No comments: