Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love & I

There is not much to say. We can call ourselves unique. But really, some of us like the same music, television. hobbies, and we are all the same. I strive to do something that very few seem to understand. Love is an overused word. We use it for when we wish to recieve. When really, giving love is what we are called to do. How sappy is it that I write of love when I first create a blog? Anyway. I find myself to be more misunderstood everyday. I honestly find purpose in loving people. John 13:34-35 says it all for me: "34A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
So, am I not just doing as I was told, and doing what I need to do? I am always waiting for people to tell me what's on their minds. Sure, it may seem strange that I want to do so. But, I find joy in being there for people. It's hard to understand I suppose. In another book of John(John Mayer that is), from a live perfomance of his cover of "Bold as Love", Mayer said; "I've done everything in my life that I've wanted to do except just give and feel love for my living. And I don't mean like, uh, Roman candle, fireworks, Hollywood hot pink love. I mean, like, "I got your back"-love. I don't need to hear "I love ya." You guys love me. I love you. We got that down. But some of the people who would tell you they love ya were the last people to just have your back. So I'm gonna experiment with this love thing. Giving love. Feeling love. I know it's corny but it's the last thing I've got to check out before I check out."
With that, we can all say, yes. That's spot on. For me anyway. So, if you ever want to pin me down to what I am all about, it comes down to me just wanting to love people. That's all it is. If you think my motives rest in something other than that, then you are just wrong. When Christ extended His love for us, we owe it to Him to give our love to each other. The Creator asks, we should deliver.

No comments: