Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Something Lite; Nothing Heavy

This post is a light one, when you look at my others.
I think, I want to be in a sweet band. Sounds like something I have wanted for a while. But, I know what I want. A band that sings about Jesus. And has songs that are about faith.
Even though I play drums, I love me some folk music. I don't know. 1 acoustic guitar +1 person +1 story= epic stuff. My love for folk music came when I discovered Bob Dylan. The storytelling. It's got a hold on me. If you can't tell, I now have a big love for John Mark McMillan. He's got it all. Folk, alternative, worship. Quite honestly, I'd love to play drums for him. His band is fantastic.
Another side of me loves alternative/new wave/post-punk revival. U2, The Killers, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The Smiths, The Pretenders, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs..and...Blondie (why not?) are all great groups. The dance element that comes from their music is fantastic. I'd love make some music like that. I think a delay pedal, Fender guitars, good tempos, and lastly but not least a great message (that message would be about our Lord & Savior of course!) would be a great thing to be a part of.
I dislike having to look for God in my favorite secular groups. I will say, The Killers' Day & Age album had solid, Christian elements in it. And I have enjoyed it more than other people who listen to The Killers. Coldplay's Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends is not really as Christian as I thought it may be. I think what I have learned is; the mere idea of there being a God is a wild concept for the average person. It's almost not real to them in some aspects.
But what I know is that there is a God, who sent His son to die for our wickedness, and He loves us more than we can understand. And with that being said...I want to write, play, record, and perform music about Jesus, forgiveness, the struggles and rewards of faith, and God's abundant love.

Anyway, it's 4:00am...

No comments: