Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jesus Christ Dwells In My Heart

I tell you, it doesn't get much better than to follow Him. Obviously, I initially would like to thank God for sending Jesus Christ and dying my death for me..But, He also has changed me inside and out. It's truly amazing. Letting Jesus be your light source in a dark world is like using a spotlight. Living off the world is like using a broken key-chain flashlight.
It's funny, honestly. If anyone knows me longer than this past year, they would recall my thoughts on books. On my Facebook profile, I once listed "TV was made so I would not have to read". I now gain encouragement and Truth from the Bible. I am compelled to read it. I also enjoy reading other books about Christianity. Earlier today, I was reading a book called "Who Says?" edited by Fritz Ridenour. Ridenour was an author who is credited with giving me an interest in actually wanting to finish a book. One Christmas (probably when I was 12 or 13), I recieved a book called "So What's The Difference?". The book compares other religions, and points to how Jesus is the only one that makes sense. I finished that book within a short amount of time. And I have read it more than once. I am also spending time reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. Books? Only through Christ would I wish to read. Funny, but learning about Him has given me a curiosity that cannot be tamed.
Music. Let me tell you. I recall a time in my life when Christian music was something I did not think I could want to listen to. Christian music came to life for me with Sufjan Stevens' cover of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", John Mark McMillan's "How He Loves", Phil Wickham's "Divine Romance", and Hillsong's "Hosanna". When you feel the Holy Spirit, these songs can be felt in a way that once had not. Music about Christ seems to be the only music that says something.
Discussions have changed for me, too. God conversations are simply the best. Music, television, all of our worldly discussions cannot hold a candle to talking about Jesus, God's love, and our personal walks with Him. I could talk about Him for hours. No kidding. Christ is what I wish to talk about.
An increase in compassion has been evident also. Christ's love. There's only one. But, we are called to try to love as He loved. It's so pure, perfect, and sacrificing. Giving love and not expecting it. That's love.

The point of this post was to show beyond the obvious salvation I have found only in Jesus Christ, and to show He has changed me through and through.

"14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"-2 Corinthians 5:14-17


"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"- Psalm 42:2

"Christ loved you enough to die for you. Now love Him enough to live for Him!"- The back of my 7th grade CYC shirt. (I'd love to know who said it, I love that quote)

It's quite simple. God is my fulfillment. He is your Savior. He is mine. He loves us.

Father, I thank you for first sending Your Son, Jesus. He died my sinner's death. And He conquered death. Through Your Son, I thank you for the the fact that Your Spirit dwells inside of me. You have changed me, and I only wish to be closer to You. I only want to continue to follow You. I want to be different. I thank You alone for the changes.

2 comments:

child at heart said...

Facebook "like." :)

Ava said...

I'm so proud of you, son! I love you!