Monday, May 10, 2010

God...hold me now.

Recent times would say life is great. Past transgressions hold me down. I know God still loves me...but how can He forgive me? I am not perfect. And there's no works I can ever do to make things right with the Creator of the universe. Nothin' but the blood of Jesus will save me. I am here. Thankful. Blessed. I am looking to God. As a mere human...I let Him down. And He loves me even still.

"We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking, So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don’t have time to maintain these regrets, When I think about, the way…"- How He Loves~ John Mark McMillan

(And yes, another John Mark McMillan quote....he's awesome.)

Paul says what I need to hear:
" 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 3:12-14

And this is what I will do. Do like Paul. It's not easy. Continuing to grow, I will learn more and become more like Christ. We are little Christs. I will look to Christ Jesus. I will strain toward what is to come.

God, I know Your Son cleaned my slate, and washed my sin away. But, these regrets...please help me overcome them. Your approval is the only approval I will ever want. Please Father, forgive me.

No comments: