Monday, August 2, 2010

Psalm 51: Forgive Me, God

"1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge. "

-Psalm 51: 1-4

I don't know what it is, but "my stupid mouth" is a source of prideful statements, and things that just don't need to be said. I am not properly displaying the love of Christ. I need grace.

Father, I pray that You break me of my sins. I pray that I am able to please You. I pray that You bless me, that You sustain me through the tough times. That my faith will only be strengthened by You, that You will continue to show Yourself to me. Father...enable me to bring glory to Your Kingdom; rather than bring glory to myself...I know You are an awesome God, that You are the God, and that You have saved me. I need You now.

No comments: