Sunday, August 8, 2010

Season of Confusion

I suppose this is something similar to what Ecclesiastes 3 is talking about. There will be these times, where I don't know what is going on. The last few weeks have been everywhere from good to just downright lame. I think I wasn't ready for the return home to be such a shock from my summer. We all want normalcy, right? I feel like a leaf, getting thrown by the wind sometimes. There's no way to know that I will have the normalcy that I desire. What God desires, that will be the certainty. I am just not sure of what is happening right now.

"So what, so I've got a smile on,
but it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head,
Don't believe me,
Don't believe me,
When I say I've got it down"
- "Why Georgia" by John Mayer

I feel this song, I know one thing though: Christ is in control. That's my comfort. I don't have it figured out, and I won't have it figured out. I know God has my best interest in mind. I know I don't need to try to make it on my own. I have found the phrase "You win some; you lose some" to be an anomaly. If by some, then I'd say I lose a lot. If the words "some" hold the same amount, then this phrase isn't really accurate. The great thing is this: God isn't human. If He was, there would be no comfort. God is above mistakes, sin, and failure. I read this today:

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"- Numbers 23:19

I will be in prayer over this, and God will sustain me. I am expectant, because I know my God delivers. I wish for Him to reveal certain things in my life, so that I can be at peace. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness.

No comments: