Saturday, July 31, 2010

Only God Knows..(And I don't)

I feel like the biggest, most monumental thing that has happened since returning from Summer Beach Project would be nothing. I feel so unproductive. I am meeting with the Lord in His Word, but I long for conversations with fellow believers. I long for activities. It's kind of funny how much I wished to rest while at Project, and now, I'd rather be busy all the time. That bubble I was in...remarkable. Quite the culture shock when I returned to home.
I sure hope it's just boredom, but I am really looking forward to going back to school. I know that school will bring challenges, but it is where I want to be.
What will this year hold academically, only God knows. And, if friends shouldn't return to school this year...I have no control over that. I will miss them. I am in no way completely at peace with that, but the Lord knows what is best for them, me, and our school.
The Lord knows what's best. Even better is the lesson that I have a hard time learning; the only consistency in my life is Christ. Outside of Him and left up to my emotions...it's up and down from day to day, month to month, and most certainly year to year.

Father, I wish I could be constantly fulfilled in You enough that I wouldn't wish I was at a different place in my life. That, where You have me, is the best place for me to be. And fill my life with You, so that I am not trying to find life outside of You, because You are LIFE. I pray that I will gain courage to face my days as they come, and not look ahead to a time when it will be simpler or easier.

Listen to some Mayer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_Y_1psB6g&feature=related

No comments: